An introduction to who we are:
SRMC Limited ACN 105 195 953 ‘SRMC’ is a Registered Debt Agreement Administrator registered by the Australian Financial Security Authority Number 720.
Credit Counsellors Australasia Pty Ltd ACN 101 960 043 ‘Credit Counsellors’ is a debt solutions facilitator and holds and Australian Credit Licence issued by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission Number: 383790.
Debt Lifeline Pty Ltd ACN 105 147 411 ‘Debt Lifeline’ is a debt solutions facilitator and acts as a representative of Credit Counsellors. It holds a Credit Representative Number issued by ASIC – 366181.
Beneficial Insolvency Practices Pty Ltd ACN 116 122 528 ‘BIP’ is a debt solutions facilitator and acts as a representative of Credit Counsellors. It holds a Credit Representative Number issued by ASIC – 366182.
Cactus Credit Pty Ltd ACN 108 758 103 ‘Cactus Credit’ offers credit repair solutions to consumers.
Protecting your privacy
- Personal information collected about you will only be used for the purposes for which it has been collected; or as permitted under the law.
- Our companies abide by the Australian Privacy Principles for the protection of personal information, as expressed in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any other relevant statutes.
By personal information we refer to information from which your identity is apparent. This information may include and opinion about you and may also include credit information. Credit information is information used to assess your eligibility to obtain finance and may include any finance that you currently have, your repayment history, any defaults, personal insolvency information and court proceeding information. This type of information is generally exchanged between potential lenders and credit reporting agencies.
We may collect information pertaining to:
Your full name, including any alias that have been used by you;
- Date of birth;
- Current and previous addresses;
- Marital status;
- The ages and number of your dependants;
- Employment details;
- Proof of earnings;
- Credit and loan account details including statements of account;
- Assets and liabilities;
- Any other information that we may need, given with your consent.
What information is disclosed?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- other organisation that are involved in managing or administering your finances;
- associated businesses that may wish to market products to you;
- organisations that provide information and infrastructure systems to us;
- anybody who represents you;
- anyone to whom you have provided a consent;
- external dispute resolution schemes, courts or tribunals;
- government agencies including the Australian Financial Security Authority;
- your creditors;
- as required by law.
If we collect government identifiers, we will never use the identifier in order to identify you other than as required by law. Identifiers include:
- Tax file number;
- Centrelink customer reference number;
- Driver’s licence details;
- Medicare number and details
- Passport number and details.
In virtually every instance it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you.
Safety of information
Every reasonable step will be taken by us to protect your personal information. Usually, the information we hold is held in both paper and electronic form. Every reasonable step will also be taken to protect any personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. You may make further enquiry concerning the manner in which we manage your personal or credit information by making contact with our office.
If you have any questions or comments about the above policy, please contact us on 1300 661 671 or by writing to us at email@example.com or PO Box 5140 GCMC QLD 9726.